The following is a blog for my EOTC course. I am wrapping up this course this weekend and will return to blogging about Film and Technology in the classroom. Although all my EOTC coursework falls under the technology, I want to go back to discussing film and video.
For this assignment,I do not have any recent video assignments that I feel comfortable grading online. I am borrowing an assignment from a fellow video teacher. His student produce a monthly news magazine that has won more awards then probably any other program in the country. The students work is aired on cable tv and uploaded online. I know he would not have posted the video online unless it was quality work. In case you are reading this Dave, your students do excellent work. I just need to finish my assignments for my online class without digging through every hard drive I have around.
Group 1 News Video
- :00-:03 Nice use of natural sound to start the package
- B-roll was nice and relevant
- Nice choice of sound bites
- You really needed an interview with authority figure, how do they feel?
- Say it – prove it ” you are doing nothing” with students on their phones…. excellent
- Make sure you move the tripod around to get a variety of angles.
- This was a great package and you turned it in early.
- If you have extra time try adding a stand up
- This is your best work so far, keep it up.
In the example above the teacher cited specific examples and even noted the time code. The student was instructed on how to improve on a project that was already great. The teacher pointed out things that were good and bad. The student should know what they did right on this project, what they did wrong and how to improve.
That is it for now. Please subscribe to my blog.